My Beautiful Gifts

My Beautiful Gifts

Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Mom's visit












My mom just came down and visited us this past nearly two weeks. We had a great time. When she was here she helped us put in our first vegetable garden. We put in watermelon, cantaloupe, peas, lettuce, spinach, green beans, cucumbers, squash, and tomatoes. I will take a picture of the garden just as son as it stops raining. It has been raining for the past four days.
My mom also gave Sterling a big boy hair cut. He was looking a little shaggy and now he looks like a little man. My mom also baked up a storm. Her carmel and cinnamon rolls are the best! We also went to a botanical garden called Hodges garden. It was really nice. In one of these pictures you can see the kids sitting on a petrified log. It was discovered to be some type of tropical wood.
We took mom to the airport in Houston, yesterday. It was very hard to see her go. We loved the time we spent with her.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU CAME TO HOUSTON AND DID NOT STAY THE NIGHT WITH US???????? DIDN'T EVEN HAVE DINNER? NOTHING!?!?!?!?!

that's it. you're dead to me. dead.

oh, glad you had a great visit with your mum! I remember how hard it was to live so far from mine - i'm sure it is compounded with kids growing. but still thankful you guys are "stuck" in deridder . . . not that it matters anymore. since you are dead to me . . . hmph.

DEE

gypsy jean said...

lovely photos, stac. thanks for sharing.