My Beautiful Gifts

My Beautiful Gifts

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Smart Cookie


It is amazing how much babies know. Yesterday, Sterling did a few things that show how much these little people know. Sterling happened upon a piece of garbage on the floor. I looked at him and said, "Sterling, throw that in the garbage." I was testing him because I didn't know how he would respond. He looked at me shook his head yes and trotted off to the trash can. He opened the lid and deposited the scrap of plastic. That's my boy!


Sterling is only allowed to have his sippy cup in two places. The first place is in his high-chair. The second place is sitting on the throw rug in the kitchen. He has often tested me with the second place. He would try to walk around the house with his cup in tow. That does not fly with me. Even though sippy cups don't spill they can drip on the floor---- and not to mention he doesn't need to have his milk with him 24/7. (manners and civility, please) So, the other day Sterling walks into the kitchen and sits on the rug. He said, "Sit down. Milk." Hurrah! He gets it. The way he said it was sooooooooo adorable. It was like this: si dow mlk. I love baby language!


These are most of the words that Sterling is saying now---Mom, Dad, Lily, Bel, kitty, meow, please, this, sit, down, milk, thank you, bye-bye, night, oo--oo--ah-ah, (what a monkey says) num-nums, (nummy) uh-oh, hi, hello, sisters, bath, and no. I think I have listed them all....

1 comment:

Mike and Laura said...

He IS a smart cookie, we're proud of you!