My Beautiful Gifts

My Beautiful Gifts

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kids

It has been a while since I have posted anything on our blog. Josh has taken it over for a while. He also lets the kids post their pictures they have taken of the cats. He is nice that way, unlike me. (: Anyways, the kids are funny as usual.

Yesterday, Ava said two notable funny things. I was grocery shopping with the kids and I was buying more groceries than usual. Ava took notice. She kept saying, "Mom, you are getting too much food." I just smiled and kept right on adding things to the cart. Again Ava said, "Mom you are getting too much food!" I then said, "Well, you do like to eat food. Don't you?" She then said, very seriously, "And how do you expect to PAY for this?" I think that is a line right from my mouth. They do absorb EVERYthing.

Okay, the second funny. Wednesday nights Josh and I teach a little kids class at our church. Right before we start the lesson; we ask if anyone has anything they would like us to pray for. The usual responses are: please pray for the scratch on my leg, please pray for my sick Grandma, and please pray for my dog. Those are the typical prayer requests. However, Ava's request generated some giggles. Ava raised her hand and I called on her. She said, "Momma, we need to pray that the kitties don't poop in the garage!" Silly girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I have been meaning to check this blog out for some time...
I am so glad I finally did :-)
What an adorable post. I miss you all so much and wish we were closer together. Graduation is May 9th in St. Louis and I would be honored for all of you to attend. I know 12 hours is a bit of a drive but it would mean the world to me! By the way, I apologize for not getting a thank you out sooner for my Bath and Body Works from Christmas ...I was SO excited and I am using the Green Vanilla Bean handsoap in my bathroom right now and everytime I use it I think of you! Love and miss you guys!! Talk to you soon!